The Power of HypnosisJan 05, 2024
Lots of people misunderstand hypnosis & hypnotherapy.
In this blog post I share life-changing outcomes from hypnosis and dispel common myths.
Because the truth is, if you’re ready to unlock the full potential of your thoughts, beliefs & subconscious mind, hypnosis can serve as a powerful tool for self-discovery, empowerment, and rapid transformation.
Clients who’ve opted into my 1:1 H.E.R. Rapid Transformation Coaching Method have experienced the following outcomes:
1. Freedom from Limiting Beliefs: Hypnosis is a powerful tool for breaking free from the chains of limiting beliefs that may be unknowingly holding you back because they operate at the subconscious level. By replacing these with empowered beliefs, you’ll develop the ability to break through mental barriers quickly, unlock your true potential, and propel yourself towards the life you've always envisioned.
Through individually crafted sessions, I help you reprogram your subconscious mind, empowering you to overcome self-doubt and embrace a mindset characterized by positivity, success, and abundance.
2. Empowerment Through Mindset Mastery: With hypnosis, you can gain control over your mind and emotional well-being as you learn to strengthen your ability to steer your thoughts in a positive direction, cultivate resilience, and develop an unwavering sense of self despite life's challenges.
3. Greater Self-Awareness: 85-90% of the thoughts we experience and the decisions we make day after day are subconscious. Our subconscious is formed by the time we’re 7. When most of us consider the messages we received from family, culture, society at that tender age, it’s no wonder that social conditioning plays such a huge role in limiting our understanding of who we really are. Hypnosis powerfully peels back the layers so we return to our authentic selves.
4. Inner Alignment and Purpose: By connecting with your inner world in a safe & peaceful way, you’ll discover your true self and feel empowered to align with your life's purpose. Through hypnosis, I guide you on a journey of inner exploration, helping you uncover your passions, strengths, and the motivating force behind your personal & professional development aspirations.
Even as a stand-alone offering (not combined with coaching), hypnosis supports:
1. Stress Relief and Relaxation: In our fast-paced, multi-tasking world, stress has become an unwelcome constant for many professional & solopreneur women. Hypnosis reverses burnout & stress, creating an oasis of deep relaxation and calm and fostering inner peace and mindfulness. As your tension melts away, you’ll find yourself able to navigate daily challenges with calm confidence.
2. Positive Habit Formation: Unwanted habits, particularly those that keep us from living our best lives, can be so ingrained in our daily lives that they’re hard to shake. Hypnosis helps to replace negative or unwanted behaviors with positive ones, creating lasting change & transformation. Whether you’re looking to improve body image, self-talk, establish boundaries, or stop people pleasing, hypnosis can be a powerful ally.
3. Enhanced Wellness & Self-Care: Harnessing the mind-body connection through hypnosis has been proven to enhance & promote overall wellness. For those ready to embark on a wellness journey, two things are required: 1) overriding internal beliefs such as “self-care is selfish,” or “I have to take care of others first,” and 2) learning to prioritize and practice self-care. Hypnosis supports both.
4. Overriding Procrastination and Building Focus & Concentration: In a world filled with constant distractions, maintaining focus on our goals and being productive can be challenging. Hypnosis can help to quiet internal “noise,” sharpen your concentration, & allow you to tackle goals with greater clarity. If you have goals you’ve been keeping up on the shelf year after year, perhaps now would be a good time to try hypnosis.
5. Goal Clarification & Achievement: In your personal / professional development journey, hypnosis can serve as a powerful catalyst for transformation. By aligning your subconscious mind with your goals, you'll find yourself working consciously & unconsciously to identify opportunities & overcome challenges/blocks so that you can achieve your goals with greater ease.
6. Greater Confidence & Self-Esteem: Hypnosis is a proven process for boosting confidence and enhancing self-esteem. If you can imagine the many benefits associated with showing up in your personal & professional life with an unshakeable belief in yourself, then I suggest you give hypnosis a try. Through a series of carefully crafted sessions, you'll build an unshakable understanding of your strength, power, & worth, enabling you to radiate confidence in every aspect of your life.
Hypnosis FAQs & Myths Dispelled
First, what is hypnosis?
- Hypnosis is a heightened state of focused attention where the mind becomes exceptionally receptive to positive suggestions.
Contrary to common misconceptions, it's NOT a mysterious or unconscious state; rather, it's a cooperative and relaxed mental condition, not all that different from a meditative state.
It’s important to point out that during hypnosis, individuals maintain FULL control and awareness, allowing them to explore and reshape subconscious patterns, beliefs, and behaviors.
As such, it serves as a powerful tool for personal development, habit modification, stress management, and accessing untapped potential within the mind.
Think of it as a guided journey, where the hypnotist facilitates a process that empowers individuals to harness innate capabilities within their own minds for positive and transformative change. Pretty cool, right?
Can I get stuck in a trance or lose control?
- Nope, you won't get stuck in a trance like they love to portray in movies. You're fully aware and in control at all times during hypnosis. Think of it more like a focused state of attention.
Is hypnosis mind control?
- Not at all! Hypnosis is a collaborative process. I guide you, but your mind is the real MVP here. Prior to hypnosis we co-create autosuggestions to replace disempowering thoughts/beliefs. And then during hypnosis YOU decide which you want to accept. The process is like having a conversation with your subconscious mind – and there are no strings attached.
Will I reveal my deepest secrets involuntarily?
- Absolutely not! Hypnosis isn't some kind of truth serum. Again, that’s only in the movies. You won't share any embarrassing childhood stories, unless you want to. Sessions are recorded for you so you can replay them at any time. Your secrets are always safe, and I respect your privacy.
Can anyone be hypnotized?
- Most people can and I’ve yet to have someone who cannot, even if they’ve unsuccessfully tried it elsewhere. During our first session, we do a short test to prime and see how receptive you are. Hypnosis is like a mental massage – some might relax faster than others, but almost everyone can get there. It's less about being "susceptible" and more about being open to the experience.
What if I can't be hypnotized?
- It's rare, but if someone can't be hypnotized, it's usually because they're not comfortable, they’re feeling skeptical, or they’re just not ready. It's a collaborative effort, so we keep it chill, build trust & ability to relax, and find a groove that will work for you.
Does hypnosis work in one session?
- Unlike “quitting smoking” the issues I work with clients tend to be multi-layered & require skills-building. Think of it like going to the gym – one session might make you feel a bit toned up for the moment, but it’s a series of consistent sessions that build muscle, body memory, and lasting transformation. It’s the same with mental muscle. Some notice changes in as few as 3 sessions in single-issue work (e.g. establish a new habit), while others need several sessions combined with coaching to experience the full transformation (e.g. overcoming limiting beliefs and clarifying purpose).
Can I be forced to do something against my will?
- Hypnosis isn't a Jedi mind trick. You can't be coerced into doing something you're morally against. Your values and ethical compass stay intact – unlike in traveling circus shows, there are no hypnotic shenanigans here. It’s all strictly professional. And it’s recorded for you to play back and experience again and again for your growth and benefit.
Remember, hypnosis is more like a healing conversation with your subconscious.
If you've got other burning questions, I'm here to chat and clear the fog.
Let's debunk myths about hypnosis and dive into the amazing potential hypnosis brings together!
Did you know I host a free monthly book club & a free monthly masterclass?
Sign up for my newsletter and you'll be the first to know about upcoming events & resources to support you in your personal growth journey!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news, resources, events, blog posts & podcast episodes. Don't worry, I fiercely guard your information & you can unsubscribe easily at any time.
We hate SPAM. We will never share your information, for any reason.